Monday 8 June 2020

Voices in the Coal shed



Kate Fraser Looking out on shades of green,
Speckled with buttercups,
Lively blackbirds singing for food.
Bird table distractions from the whining of washing,
The clatter of pencils, “Can I stop now, mum?”

Inside another day of grey clouds, grey minds, grey chatter.
The garden brings hope of brighter days to come.

Julia Chalkley Watery exclamations on the window
Clouds lurking overhead
Shiny drops gathering on the washing line
Drops dripping from the shed.

Pam Waites Wet, wet and dull
But lots of colour and very green Lawn
But no problem as inside warm and cosy and
I can make my own view with my patchwork quilt project
Roses and chocolate fabric and colours, building to a beautiful view

Carolyn Newton Family in the distance
Waving in the mist
Moving a little nearer
Never to be kissed

Social distance walking
Babies to be seen
Cuddles got to wait
Virus to be clean

Moments to be treasured
Weeks and months to be measured
Normality will be precious

Sharon Healy Grey skies
Trees waving gently
Shades of green.
Blackbird- yellow beak,
Feeding on the lawn.
Hunting for tasty worms to feed the babies.
Drizzle gently falling to the ground.

Barbara Neale As I walk along
by hedgerows full of song
And walk through an arch
footsteps dragging, not a march
See trees as tall as towers
lower branches forming towers
Home to birds with different hues
Help to lift my dormant blues
As I espy one through a leaf
glad’ning my heart, easing my grief
Watching birds both large and small
hearing their song, their mating call
Troubling thoughts begin to cease
Different leaves, different trees
Soon I see brick and stone
into crowds no longer lone
But now upbeat and very calm
the trees, the birds have been my balm



No comments:

Post a Comment