Thursday 13 August 2020

Postcard

 


Voices from the Coal Shed

 

August! Holiday season! And so many of us going…nowhere! Why not send a postcard anyway? Instead of the usual “Wish you were here”, how about, “Wish I was there”?

“Wish I was there” this month’s theme for contributions to the Voices from the Coal Shed blog and the virtual museum at the National Coal Mining Museum of England. This is open to any age and from anywhere.

Send your postcard message to:    voicesinthecoalshed@gmail.com

Whether you can travel or not, everyone can wish.

 

Dave Alton

(Writer in Residence

National Coal Mining Museum of England)



 

 

Dear Dave,

 

I wish I was in Madeira on my holidays.  I would be swimming in the pool, diving for my dive sticks and playing on a jet ski if I could!

I would be snoozing and reading, and having breakfast desserts.  I would be fishing from a jetty for mullets in the sea. 

I miss getting up in the middle of the night and going to the airport in my pyjamas!

 

Wish I was there,

Daniel

 

No comments:

Post a Comment